The cornerstone of our mission at Health-Trans is to provide the highest quality pre-hospital, and inter-hospital medical transportation for our patients, with a caring touch that is so often lost in today’s fast-paced health care world. In short, we want to place the “care” back in health care. Our philosophy in carrying out this mission is simple: treat each and every one of our patients the same way we would care for our friends and family.
Health-Trans was founded in 2003 to serve the Greater Philadelphia and the surrounding area as a full service ambulance provider with the intent of filling a much needed void for compassionate and quality service.
Although based in the Northeast section of Philadelphia, Health-Trans provides quality area-wide coverage through local operating hubs that are set up in strategic locations of Health-Trans’ operating area(s). Health-Trans’ owners are local natives to the service area and have combined their significant business and Fire/EMS backgrounds to serve the needs of the Greater Philadelphia area.
Health -Trans is a privately held corporation, fully sanctioned by the City of Philadelphia Regional EMS authority and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and is able to provide a full menu of services ranging from Coach Service (Wheel Chair), BLS (Basic Life Support), and ALS (Advanced Life Support) to Critical Care (MICU, CCT) service in the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding area.
In addition, each of our ambulance personnel:
* are licensed Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) and/or Medics
* hold current Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) certification
* hold current CPR certification
* are highly screened for personalities compatible with our company philosophy
* must pass an initial drug screen and background check
* are subject to periodic and random drug screens
Health-Trans is fully insured including
* complete Workers Compensation Insurance as mandated by the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
* Commercial General Liability/Professional Liability Policycoverage of
A copy of our current Certificate of insurance is available upon request.
III. Equipment All Health-Trans ambulances are inspected by the local Regional EMS office and have the full complement of medical supplies and equipment required for ambulances in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Health-Trans takes pride in its equipment and maintains fully equipped ambulances that meet or exceed state requirements. Our fleet is maintained with a strict inventory control process in place so critical supplies are always present and our fleets are kept clean and equipment sterilized as required.
Mechanically, our ambulances are put through a rigorous pre-service check-up before they even leave our premises. Preventative maintenance is regularly scheduled with qualified ambulance mechanics to ensure our vehicles are operating at optimum levels.
* Committed to prompt, reliable and convenient service
* Operational 24 hours a day 7 days a week, 365 days per year
* Provide a full menu of services ranging from Coach Service (Wheel Chair), BLS ( Basic Life Support), and ALS (Advanced Life Support) to Critical Care (MICU, CCT) service in the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding area.
* Direct dispatch during our operating hours and fully operational remote dispatch
during off-peak hours
* Offer unique Air Ambulance link-up services for long-distance transport and/or
retrieval. Please inquire how we can remove the administrative burden of scheduling
such special services
* Pre-hospital transportation to the hospital of patient’s choice, so long as no life-
threatening condition is evident
* Post-hospital discharge transportation to nursing homes and extended care facilities,
or to patient’s homes (when medically necessary)
* Special Events coverage for sporting events or other similar needs
* Inter-hospital transportation from one facility to another, as medically necessary and
when special care is not available at the first facility (e.g. cardiac services)
* Accepting Medicare, Medicaid and most other major insurance plans